Haygain Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "Haygain" or “we”, “us”) respects your privacy and personal data and will see to it that all personal data that is provided to Haygain or otherwise is obtained by Haygain, is being treated confidentially. In that matter, Haygain acts as a controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). This Privacy and cookie statement implements the obligation to provide information as described in the GDPR, with regard to the person(s) whose personal data are processed by Haygain.
This Privacy and cookie statement applies to all personal data about you that is collected and used by Haygain when you visit our website www.haygain.co.uk (“Website”), use one of our services, make a purchase using the webshop or when you interact with us. Personal data means any data relating to an identified, or identifiable private individual. Not only data that is directly relatable, but also data that is indirectly relatable to a person qualifies as personal data. By accessing our Website, you confirm that you have read and understand this Privacy and cookie statement, including how and why Haygain uses your information.
This Privacy and cookie statement does not apply to any products, services, websites, or content that are offered by third parties which are governed by their respective privacy statements We do not accept any liability for websites of third parties and the used privacy statement by these third parties.
II. Purposes of processing personal data
Haygain processes the personal data mentioned under number III. explicitly for the following purposes:
· To process and fulfill your order;
· To send you relevant information and to inform you of our services and events via mailings and newsletters;
· To invoice you for your purchases via our Website;
· To register and make a customer account on our Website;
· To respond to your questions, comments or complaints;
· To send out notifications when changes are made to our policies and other (legal) documents which might concern you.
III. Personal data processed by Haygain
Haygain processes the following (categories of) personal data:
Personal data provided to Haygain by you:
o Billing address;
o Shipping address;
o E-mail address;
o Phone number;
o Payment information (including credit card numbers or other payment-related information).
o Gender (to send personalised offers)
o Birthday (to send birthday offers)
Information collected automatically by Haygain:
IV. Grounds for the processing of personal data
Haygain only processes your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. The corresponding legal grounds for the processing of personal data for the aforementiond purposes are:
· You have given Haygain consent to process your personal information (for example if you have subscribed to our newsletter or to make a customer account);
· Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or to prepare entering into a contract with you at your request (for example if you place an order on our Website);
· Processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation (for example, due to fiscal regulation we need to retain certain customer data);
· Processing is necessary for legitimate interests pursued by Haygain (including our interests in providing a safe Website, fraud detection, developing our business and informing our marketing strategy, but only if these are not overridden by your interests, rights or freedoms).
V. Sharing personal data with third parties
Haygain works with third parties who may need to have access to your personal data to provide us with services or to help us improve our Website. We will not sell, rent, lease, or provide your data to third parties allowing them to use your personal data for their own purposes. We use third party service providers for website hosting, for payment processing and for parcel delivery services.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
In order to offer you Klarna’s payment methods, we might in the checkout pass your personal data in the form of contact and order details to Klarna, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment methods and to tailor those payment methods for you. Your personal data transferred is processed in line with Klarna’s own privacy notice.
VI. Transfer of personal data
The personal data that we collect may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (the “EEA”). A transfer of your personal data to third countries only takes place if an adequacy decision of the Commission or appropriate guarantees in line with the GDPR are in place.
Whenever we transfer your personal data, we will take steps which are reasonably necessary to ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to protect your personal information and to make sure it is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy and cookie statement and the GDPR.
VII. Retention period
We keep your personal data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it has been collected (for details on these purposes, see number II.) Please keep in mind that in certain cases a longer retention period may be required or permitted by law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
· How long is the personal data needed to provide you with our products or services or to operate our business?
· Do you have an account with us? In this case, we will keep your data while your account is active or for as long as needed to provide the services to you.
· Are we subject to a legal, contractual, or similar obligation to retain your data? Examples can include mandatory data retention laws or data that must be retained for the purposes of litigation, or protection against a possible claim.
VIII. Security of personal data
Haygain attaches great value to the security and protection of personal data. Haygain shall, taking in account the state of the art, take the appropriate technical and organisational measures that will protect personal data from being destroyed, lost, modified or accessed and/or transferred without authorization. If Haygain uses services from third parties, Haygain will, in the context of the protection and security of personal data, conclude a dataprocessing agreement in which the arrangements regarding the offering of appropriate and adequate security measures by those third parties is determined.
IX. Your rights
As a data subject whose personal data is processed by Haygain, you have the following rights:
- right to information;
- right of access;
- right to rectification, completion, erasure or restriction;
- right to object;
- right to data portability;
- right to be forgotten;
- right to restriction of processing;
- right to withdraw earlier given consent. If you wish to exercise one or more of the rights specified above, you can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will receive further notice within four weeks after your request is received. Circumstances may occur whereby Haygain cannot give (full) effect to your request. If your request is denied or not completely executed, a further explanation will be given.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a tiny data file, which is stored on your computer within the webbrowser, when certain webpages are visited. A cookie does not contain or collect information in isolation, but when read by a server via a webbrowser, it can give information to facilitate a more user friendly service such as detecting errors. We do not retain a cookie longer than necessary for the purpose for which it is set. To use our Website fully, you will need to have
cookies enabled. If you do not wish to enable cookies, you can still browse the site; however certain features of the site may be limited.
We use different types of cookies:
· Functional cookies;
· Analytical cookies;
· Targeting cookies;
· Social media cookies.
These cookies are necessary to make it possible to surf the Website and use the Website’s functions. Without these cookies, such functions, including shopping baskets and electronic payment, are not possible. We might use these cookies for:
· Remembering information that you fill in on the various pages when paying or ordering so that you don't have to fill in all your details repeatedly;
· Storing preferences such as language, location, the number of search results to be displayed etc;
· Reading your browser settings so that we can display our website optimally on your screen;
· Loading the Website evenly so that it remains accessible.
These cookies gather information about the surfing behavior of visitors to our Website, such as which pages are visited often and whether visitors receive error messages. By doing this we are able to make the structure, navigation and content of the website as user-friendly as possible for you. We do not link the statistics and other reports to individuals. We might use these cookies for:
· Keeping track of the number of visitors to our webpages;
· Keeping track of the length of time that each visitor spends on our webpages;
· Assessing which parts of our site need to be improved;
· Optimizing the Website.
These third-party cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed.
We use Google Conversion Tracking, another Google analysis service. Google AdWords sets a cookie on your computer (“conversion cookie”) if you have reached our Website via a Google ad. These cookies expire after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. They only serve to recognize that you have clicked on one of our ads and have been redirected to our Website. The purpose is to to track how many people make a request on our Website as a result of one of our adverts.
Social Media cookies
The articles, pictures and videos that you look at on our Website can be shared and liked via social media by means of buttons. Cookies from the social media parties are used to enable these buttons to function, so that they recognize you when you wish to share an article or video. These cookies make it possible for logged-in users of selected social media to share and like certain content from our Website directly.
These social media parties may also collect your personal data for their own purposes. Haygain has no influence over how these social media parties make use of your personal data. For more information regarding the cookies set by the social media parties and the possible data that they gather, please refer to the privacy statement(s) made by the social media parties themselves. Below we have listed the privacy statements of the main social media channels that are used the most by Haygain:
How to control cookies
When you first visit our Website, we do not set cookies on your device (other than functional cookies) unless you accept/enable all cookies, or select your own cookie preferences. You can manage your cookie preferences at any time here. However, please be aware that if you choose not to enable cookies it may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Website. You can use your internet browser to automatically or manually delete cookies.
You can also specify that certain cookies may not be placed. For more information about these options, please refer to the instructions in the Help section of your browser.
XI. Changes and amendments
Haygain reserves the right to change this Privacy and cookie statement at any given time, without giving prior notice. The latest updated version is published on the Website. Therefore, please consult the Website regularly. If any changes to the privacy statement affect one or more persons or organisations directly, they will be informed.
XII. Questions and contact information
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy and cookie statement or the processing of your personal data by Haygain or you wish to exercise your rights as stated under number IX., please address your request to email@example.com.